After deciding on renovating any part of our house, the first thing we do is searching for ideas, designs, and styles in magazines or on the internet. Without proper planning of what we will do, we can end up in a big mess and spend a lot more than usual. It Is always better to go for the styles and ideas which inspire us the most and, of course, give us the highest comfort level.
There are many various designs and ideas out there if we go to look for them. So it is not very unusual to get confused in the pile of pictures. We will try our best to provide the best ideas and their pros and cons so that we know what we are doing and what circumstances we might face because of the design we choose.
Using marble all over the bathroom:
Marble is undoubtfully one of the most luxurious natural stones because of its unique veining color combinations. Because of the striking veins, it is assured that no two pieces of marble can ever be the same. It is a trendy choice for the bathroom and the kitchen, and the living spaces. It can give the bathroom a glamourous nature-friendly look.
- Marble is soft and therefore easy to maintain.
- Enhance the looks of the bathroom
- The surface allows liquid to absorb quickly
- If adequately sealed and taken care of, it will sustain for a long time.
- Allows moisture to enter the surface more efficiently compared to other stones.
- If the cover is not perfectly sealed, it might cause discoloration.
- Gets stained if not maintained well
- Acidic cleaners or chemical cleaners can’t be used on the marbles.
Everything in white:
A bathroom having everything in white can be a very classy ad modern option to go for. White is a color of peace and tranquility and also makes the bathroom look brighter. We can spend our time there is a calm, encouraging environment, reading a book or thinking intensely about something we want.
- The look inside is very tidy and refreshing
- The lights increase the brightness overall
- The cost is lower than other styles
- Standard color and has the widest variety of designs
- Requires more work to keep the bathroom clean and tiny
- Just a little stain is visible very clearly
- A standard color and does not provide a very unique or distinct look
Aesthetic look with pebble tile:
Using pebble tiles in walk-in showers is indeed an exceptionally aesthetic look. It reminds us of showering in nature standing beside a lake with the water running over them. But there are a few things we need to keep in mind before installing pebble tiles.
- Installing is easy and does not need expertise.
- Slipping resistance
- Installation is cheaper
- Comfortable for the feet
- Do not last long
- Needs high maintenance
- Things can get stuck if not sealed properly
Getting a refreshing shower under a waterfall is something we all won’t dislike. When we can create a similar environment inside our bathroom, we should go for it. The walk-in shower gives the feeling of a cave on a unique private island, including one slate wall and another natural stone wall.
- Looks gorgeous and unique
- Aside from looks, the sound of water is very soothing
- Many designs are available
- Costs more than other designs
- Installation is more complicated and needs expert interference
One of the eternally popular designs is traditional, Victorian-style bathrooms. The popular looks inspire the look of these bathrooms in 1980, including bright colors like pink and yellow giving us the chance to live a little bit like the people back in time.
- A classy look with no trend expirations
- A good investment if we don’t want to remodel the bathroom too often
- Fixtures are not broadly available in the market
- It will look good if the whole house is not that modern
Maximized storage bathroom:
Storage is one of the essential elements we shouldn’t skip while designing our bathroom. To make it more organized, we can even maximize the size of the storage space. It will increase the bathroom’s overall functionality and keep the most used room of the house clean and tidy.
- Things are more organized
- We don’t have to go out for extra tissue, towel, or other things needed in the bathroom.
- Installation does not cost that much
- Needs bigger space to execute the design
- Needs our attention in case of refilling
This is another good option for people who want the shower area separated from the other bathroom part. In wetrooms, the shower area is waterproof and at the same level as the rest of the floor. A flush drain helps the water drain away within the area of the shower.
- Removes the need for walk-in showers
- Great way to utilize the space
- Adds value to the house
- Installation is expensive
- Messy and disruptive
Choosing an ideal style for the bathroom can be confusing as there are many designs out there. But all of them come with their distinct issues. However, the most important thing we need to keep in mind is choosing the one that goes with our lifestyle and the house’s overall look.